Scrapbook Event Locations
Scrapbook Events Dates and Locations
|Sep 10-11, 2011||Sat / Sun||Scrap & Stamp||Austin, TX||Archiver’s||Dell Children’s Hospital Blood and Cancer Center||Attend|
|Oct 21-23, 2011||Fri / Sat / Sun||Scrap & Stamp||Charlotte, NC||Ritz-Carlton||Autism Speaks||Attend|
|Nov 4-6, 2011||Fri / Sat / Sun||Scrap & Stamp||Orlando, FL||Marriott World Center||Boys & Girls Clubs of Central Florida||Attend|
|TBD||Sat / Sun||Scrap & Stamp||Orange County, CA||TBD||TBD||Tickets available when dates are confirmed. Follow us on Twitter for the latest news: @creating4causes.|
|TBD||Sat / Sun||Scrap & Stamp||Chicago, IL||TBD||TBD||Tickets available when dates are confirmed. Follow us on Twitter for the latest news: @creating4causes.|
|* Dates and venues may change|
Who Should Attend
Creating for Causes events are perfect for all creative and crafty souls, especially those who have a desire to give back to their local community. We welcome artists and crafters of all ages* and experience levels, and encourage those who are experienced in one form of creativity to check out the possibilities in another.
Are you a scrapper who’s intrigued by stamping? Perhaps you want to attend a Stamping Event and learn more about how you can use stamps in your scrapbooks or to make cards or home décor items.
Or, perhaps you’re a stamper who has boxes of photos you want to get into an album? Why not join seasoned scrappers at a scrapping event and learn how they turn ordinary photos into lifetime legacies.
Or, perhaps you just want to hang out with your “own kind” and laugh until your sides ache. You’ll find laughter and camaraderie to be a common element of Our Events.
Considering coming “solo?” Go for it! We have met some of the most wonderful “solo” crafters and you’ll find the majority of creative types are welcoming and giving of their knowledge and talents. Come on your own and leave with new friends!
Our events are perfect for all types – newbies and seasoned pros, groups and soloists, those serious about being inspired and accomplishing a lot and those less concerned with being productive and more interested in the social aspects (read: laughter) of a crafting event – we have room for all of you and will do our best to ensure you have the experience you’re looking for.
*We welcome all artists and crafters who are at least 16* years of age and who are accompanied by a parent or legal guardian if under age 18. Because our events are “escapes” for many of the folks who attend, we want to provide an environment conducive to their enjoyment and the enjoyment of all attendees. Therefore, we do not permit anyone under the age of 16, and require a parent or legal guardian for anyone under the age of 18. In addition, parents and legal guardians bear sole responsibility for the behavior of the minor(s) they accompany. Any behavioral issues could result in the parent or guardian being asked to remove the minor and the loss of all fees paid for that minor.
Every event includes 12 to 48 non-stop hours of fun, creativity and camaraderie.
All events are held at quality venues and include the following:
- A professionally managed event (we are event pros who have made our living doing this for many years)
- Pre-event contests
- Access to our Private Community Forum (open only to crop attendees)
- Reduced sleeping room rates*
- Reduced parking rates (IF available and parking fees are charged)
- 24-hour access to the crop space in most locations
- At least 4’ of space per scrapper
- Ability to reserve a table for you and your buddies**
- Access to the “Creativity Station” (including use of a Cricut machine and other useful tools)
- A light breakfast each full day
- A buffet or plated lunch each full day
- Drinks throughout the event
- Snack breaks
- Goodie bags
- Tunes! (we play a variety of music, at a reasonable volume)
- Door prizes
- “Creativity” contests
- Raffles (to raise money for the selected charity)
- Silent Auctions (to raise money for the selected charity)
- Fun, inspiration & camaraderie
*Sleeping rooms, parking and other travel expenses are NOT included in the event fee. Discounts are negotiated and made available whenever possible.
**Table reservations are offered on a first-come, first-served basis. The sooner you register, the more likely you’ll get to sit with your pals and be assigned the table you desire.
What’s It Cost?
Because we hold events all over the U.S. and each provides us with a unique opportunity to appeal to the artists and crafters in that area, our prices vary by type of event and location.
Scrapbook Events Exhibitors and Sponsors
Announcements coming soon!
Why a Creating for Causes Event vs. Other Events?
- First, our events always benefit a cause or charitable organization in YOUR local community. All funds raised for the selected cause or charity remain local.
- Second, we have a history of quality event management – we do this for a living, not just as a hobby (and we love it!). Want proof? Click here to read our attendees’ and clients’ testimonials.
- And third, we are crafters, ladies just like you who enjoy getting away with our buddies and having a great time – we KNOW what you want in an event like this. How do we know? Well, we asked! We conducted extensive surveys prior to ever planning our first event, and we continue to learn from each and every attendee. Are we perfect? No. But, we strive for excellence and do everything in our power to correct anything that does not meet the high standards we set for ourselves and our events. We can only survive if our attendees are happy – our goal is to make sure you are.
The Fine Print
Because we make non-refundable financial commitments to our event venues and suppliers, as well as to the charity for whom we are raising money, registration fees are non-refundable.
However, we do allow attendees to transfer their registration fees to another attendee (per the requirements below) or to apply them to a future Creating for Causes event taking place within 12 months of the originally scheduled event (per the requirements below).
Registrants wishing to transfer their registration to another attendee must notify Creating for Causes, in writing, at least one week prior to the attendee’s scheduled event, of their desire to make this transfer, and provide all necessary information for the new attendee. Once we have confirmed the information with the new attendee, we will transfer all payments to their name and provide them with all information and benefits originally assigned to the transferring attendee. Creating for Causes will not act as a “broker” for the exchange of registration fees – all written and verbal agreements, and any exchanges of money, between the original paid registrant and the registrant being transferred the event registration are solely between the two parties and Creating for Causes assumes no responsibility, financial or otherwise, for such a transaction.
Registrants wishing to “bank” their registration fees for a future Creating for Causes event must notify Creating for Causes, in writing, at least one week prior to the attendee’s scheduled event, of their desire to apply their registration fees to a future Creating for Causes event. Creating for Causes will provide written confirmation of this action and will allow the registrant up to 12 months to apply their paid registration fees to another Creating for Causes event. After 12 months, all unused “banked” registration fees are forfeited.
All attendee fee transfer requests, and requests to apply paid registration fees to a future Creating for Causes event, must be received, in writing, by Creating for Causes 1 week prior to the event for which the registrant has paid such fees. Requests received less than one week prior to the event for which the registrant has paid registration fees are not guaranteed to be approved and approval of such requests is at the sole discretion of Creating for Causes.